To download a printable PDF version of the this product information, click here.
M14SE “CRAZY HORSE”®
SQUAD DESIGNATED MARKSMAN (M14SE SDM)
AND MK14 SEI RIFLE
Fig. 1. Smith Enterprise, Inc. US Army (2ID) issue M-14SE with standard Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10X40 LR/T M3 Telescopic Sight.
Our strategic intent with this project has been to offer current M-14 users a thoroughly reliable, proven and cost-effective modernization program as a compelling, cost-effective and fast track course of action for a modern 7.62mm NATO caliber Squad Designated Marksman (SDM). Our customers have proven in combat that the M14SE will fulfill this same tactical mission as a new production 7.62mm NATO SDM would be required to accomplish at one-third to one-half the price.
Precision rifle enthusiasts and official-end users have long been aware of Smith Enterprise’s established expertise in the area of the M-14 rifle. Since our incorporation in the early 1980s, we have successfully addressed all the documented shortcomings of the original M-14, M-21 and M-25 designs. To that end we have established a very successful business incorporating these product-improvements in customer-supplied M-14 rifles to exceed standards far beyond the original M-14 and M-21 design parameters, in all areas of functionality, accuracy and reliability.
During that time we have rebuilt numerous M-14s for various USG users, to include all branches of the US Armed Forces, the Department of the Interior and various law enforcement agencies. With the renaissance that the M-14 is now enjoying in the Armed Forces, it is no wonder that American military units now involved in the Global War or Terrorism have adopted many of our combat-proven M14 components. Additionally, we have also produced weapons based on our own billet bar stock M-14 standard, single-lugged and double-lugged match-grade receivers, which to this day have remained the industry standard.
Collectively, our modernization effort is known as the M-14SE “Crazy Horse” Semiautomatic Sniper System.
M-14SE “Crazy Horse” Program Highlights (standard configuration)
- Medium Heavy Barrel, 22.0” (P/N 2025) or optional 18.0” (P/N 9345-MK14) length, Chrome Moly 4140, 1:10 ROT, Four lands and grooves, right hand twist, chambered for M118LR Special Ball ammunition.
- SEI Gas Cylinder Modification Program, unitizing gas system, Meloniting (AMS 2753) gas system to include gas plug, lock and front band with new 440 SS hard chrome piston.
- SEI M-14 Scope Mount and Ring Package. Scope Mount, NSN 5855-01-506-5750, (P/N 2006), melonited heat-treated to AMS 2753, 4140 Chrome Moly and our 4140 Chrome Moly CNC machined 30mm Heavy Duty (HD) Tactical Tall M1913 Picatinny ring set, P/N 7018.
- SEI Strap-On Check Pad in either black or desert camouflage, Cordura with PVC inserts (P/N 2020).
- SEI Direct Connect Vortex® Sound Suppressor-capable Flash Suppressor, 8620 steel heat treated for High Wear (P/N 2000V).
- Gas Lock Front Sight - Hooded (GLFS-H), or GLFS-Dovetail (GLFS-D).
- SEI Extended Bolt Stop (EBS) (P/N 2010)
- SEI standard, 4.5 pound tuned trigger assembly with oversized SEI S-7 tool steel triggers and hammer pins.
- Redesigned SEI hammer and trigger springs for extreme long life.
- Redesigned tool steel connector link pin for positive sustained and secure magazine changes.
- Weapon finished in black phosphate, per appropriate MIL SPEC. Other finishes upon request.
- Weapon is normally supplied with excellent-to-new condition SEI-modified USGI synthetic stock. Other stock configurations at extra cost and upon request.
- M-1907 sniper/target sling in either leather or synthetic material.
- Deep thermal cycling.
Options for the M-14SE “Crazy Horse” SDM include the following:
- 18.0” medium heavy “Crazy Horse” barrel, chrome moly, 1:10 ROT, Four lands and grooves, chambered for M118LR Special ball ammunition (P/N 9345-MK14) (no extra charge for 18” bbl).
- SEI Extended MIL STD 1913 Scope Mount (P/N 2008), NSN 1005-01-533-8160.
- SEI ACOG/MIL STD 1913 Scope Mount (P/N 2005), NSN 1005-01-535-4430.
- Quick disconnecting SEI M-14 DC Wind Talker™ Sound Suppressor (only available to USG and FMS customers) (P/N 0001AK).
- Full range of Leupold Mark 4 optics.
- Installation of MIL STD 1913 rail to USGI stock for QD bipod or IR laser pointer.
- SEI Tri-Rail MIL STD 1913 System (P/N TBD)
- Sage Int’l modular collapsing stock (Mark 14 SEI configuration) (P/N M14ALCS).
- Angle Cosine Indicator (ACI) and mount.
- M14DC Wind Talker Suppressor and Tool Carrier (P/N 3005).
- SEI Cylinder Wrench, Gas Lock Front Sight, (P/N 3017).
- Tritium Close Combat (Front) Sight (TCCS) (P/N 2019).
- Numerous tactical fixed stock configurations.